Today on Building Contractor secrets, i am going to write on The Cost Of Building a 2 bedroom apartment/flat in Nigeria. I feel this is going to be very important for you if you are someone living abroad but needs a home built for you back in Nigeria.
Learning about the cost of Building a 2 bedroom flat in Nigeria will also enable you as a contractor, make a quick estimate for your client. This tutorial on the cost of building a 2 bedroom flat/apartment in Nigeria will also help you as a client have an edge over your contractor. You will know the number of blocks needed to completely build your home, the cost of window sliding, the cost of roofing and the number of trips of sand that will be required.
This Post has been made based on the rates and price of building materials in 2017
I will list all the materials needed from the foundation to finishing, including soakaway anf labor.
Items needed to Build 2 Bedroom Flat In Nigeria
1. 2,000 6 inches hollow Blocks @130/block = 260,000
2. 110 bags of cement @2750 = 302,500
3. 15 tons of granite @42,000 = 126,000
4. Sand for mortar = 35,000
5. Sand for Rendering (Plastering) = 30,000
6. 7 Trucks Of Laterites (For Filling) = 70,000
7. Rod 20lng = 36,000
8. Plank 25lgn = 30,000
9. Roofing and lab = 400,000
10. Windows sliding, and lab = 85,000
11. P V C, and lab = 85,000
12. Doors, and lab = 160,000
13. Tiles all and labour = 190,000
14. Sanitary And Labour = 115,000
15. Wiring and lab = 190,000
16. Labour for carpentry, mason, iron bending, labourer, = 390,000
17. Burglary, = 95,000
18. Soakaway, = 155,000
19. Cost Of Supervision To be determined by the contractor
Grand Total N2,754,000 + 10% miscellaneous
Please Note that as at the time of this compilation, the price of things were very high as a result of the hike in exchange rate.
Also Note that this is just an estimate as the price of items varies with location.
As a Client or a landlord to be, you’ll be saving yourself some cost if you could actually go for a market survey before embarking on the construction proper.
If You’re going to make an estimate, take a few hours to do your own market survey in order to determine the current price of materials so you do not have a deficit budget.
So This is The post on the total cost of building a standard 2 bedroom apartment In Nigeria and it was made in the year 2017.